10 Gift Ideas for a Bereaved Mom on Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day can be difficult for bereaved mothers and tricky business for those trying to support her. Below are a few gift ideas out of the normal flower sending tradition. We hope this list helps you in trying to support the bereaved mother in your life. Most of these gifts are created with love by other bereaved mothers. They know the pain, and they have a way of creating beauty from ashes.
1. Send her a heartfelt card.
2. Send her a heartfelt print.
3. Send her a piece of special remembrance jewelry.
4. Order her a Certificate of Life for her child, if she was unable to receive a birth certificate.
5. Commission a piece of art for her.
Prints, journals, iPhone cases and more available at her website, Beyond Words Designs
6. Order a butterfly in the sand.
7. Commission a custom portrait.
8. Send her a beautiful sculpture from The Midnight Orange.
9. Name a star after her child (unofficial, but still pretty neat).
10. Order her a customized butterfly candle.
11. Send her the Healing Heart Comfort Kit from Earth Mama Angel Baby.
Of course there are about a million other ways to let the bereaved mother in your life know you are thinking of her, and her child on such a bittersweet day, and at the same time some of these might not be just right – they are merely suggestions that we hope can help.